Please join Troutman Pepper Partner Dave Gettings and colleagues Tim St. George and Cindy Hanson for a highly informative discussion on federal preemption as it relates to state laws and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This episode provides listeners with an overview of important state and local legislation governing background screening, along with discussions about how federal preemption might affect required compliance with these state and local laws. Topics include:
- Significant developments in state and local law governing screening;
- The impact of these developments on the screening process and strategies for compliance, including in the context of unclear and uninterpreted statutory language;
- An overview of the concept of federal preemption;
- Recent developments regarding federal preemption and what those developments mean for your business operations; and
- Insights into how regulators view federal preemption and the future of this issue.