Please join Consumer Financial Services Partner Chris Willis and his colleagues and fellow Partners Mary Zinsner and Susan Flint as they discuss the current landscape of wire fraud scams in the financial services industry. Topics include:
- Wire fraud scams, such as Business Email Compromise (BEC) fraud, and the potential liability of banks;
- How banks should analyze wire fraud claims in the pre-litigation stage;
- How courts are ruling on the issues;
- Responsibilities of nonbank parties to the wire; and
- Tips for bank in-house counsel in handling wire fraud transfer situations.
Mary Zinsner focuses her practice on litigation and strategy in lender liability, check and bank operation, class action, consumer finance, fiduciary matters, and creditor’s rights disputes. While Mary litigates extensively in the federal and state trial and appellate courts in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, as well as in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, she represents banking clients in cases of all sizes nationwide.
Susan Flint has more than 25 years of experience leading teams responsible for litigation and regulatory enforcement matters. Susan specializes in issues arising in the financial services industry and has experience representing and providing general and specific legal advice and support for high-risk litigation and regulatory issues, bringing favorable results to the client. She has extensive experience defending banking clients in multiple areas, including retail and small business banking, complex commercial litigation, third-party vendor issues, and third-party legal process issues.