Wednesday, August 31 • 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. ET
Arbitration agreements continue to be a pressing issue in consumer-facing agreements. The United States Supreme Court recently issued several important decisions impacting how consumer arbitration agreements will be interpreted and enforced by the courts, including in the important arena of Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA) actions. Additionally, mass arbitrations continue to gain steam, causing companies to re-evaluate when—and how—arbitration clauses should be included in consumer agreements. Our panel will discuss how these recent developments play out in the consumer financial services arena and what financial services companies can do in response to these changes.
- Avoiding waiver of arbitration requirements after Sundance v. Morgan
- The effect of Moriana v. Viking River Cruises on state-law arbitration restrictions and the limits of the ruling
- Status of mass arbitrations and defense considerations including process arbitrator considerations
- Addressing mass arbitration in consumer arbitration agreements
- Virginia Bell Flynn, Partner, Troutman Pepper
- William Mayberry, Partner, Troutman Pepper
- Jeremy Rosenblum, Partner, Troutman Pepper
- Jason Evans, Partner, Troutman Pepper
- Nathan Marigoni, Associate, Troutman Pepper
- Anthony Kaye, Partner, Troutman Pepper
Our webinars are intended for firm clients and members of the financial services industry only.