We are pleased to announce that Troutman Sanders partner Ashley Taylor will moderate a webinar panel discussion hosted by the American Bar Association on “Defending Consumer Protection Actions on Multiple Fronts: Coordinating Joint CFPB and State AG Investigations and Settlements.” The event will take place on November 27, 2017 from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET.
A panel composed of state Attorney General (AG) consumer protection prosecutors and defense bar experts will offer insights and debate best practices for practitioners whose clients are seeking to resolve consumer law-based liability with both the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and one or more state AG offices simultaneously.
Topics will include:
- Inter-governmental and inter-agency information sharing, confidentiality treatment, and public record laws (what investigatory targets should expect)
- Concurrent jurisdiction of CFPB Act and state UDAP statutes
- State and federal CID and subpoena authority
- The mechanics of a joint settlement — federal and state practices and settling instruments
- Post-settlement performance and compliance issues at the state and federal levels