Join us at the American Conference Institute’s 22nd National Forum on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation. Two full days of expert strategies for in-house and outside counsel on navigating class actions, litigation, and government enforcement actions in the consumer finance industry.
April 13 – 14, 2015; Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza – Los Angeles, CA
On behalf of Troutman Sanders you will receive $300 off registration for this event. Please mention “TS300” at the time of registration to utilize this discount. Register by clicking here , by calling 1-888-224-2480 or by faxing your registration form to 1-877-927-1563.
We are pleased to announce that Chad Fuller, partner at Troutman Sanders LLP, will speak on The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): The Latest Legal and Case Law Developments, Certification Issues Relating to TCPA Class Actions, What Lies Ahead, and Solutions for Helping Your Clients Stay Ahead of the Curve in the Face of Complex and Unclear Rules.
In addition to unparalleled networking opportunities, ACI’s 22nd Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation conference will provide attendees with the latest insights and expert advice from our exceptional faculty on new class action trends, emerging theories of liability, the latest enforcement actions and regulatory initiatives, and the most effective defense and settlement strategies. Sessions include:
- Heightened CFPB Scrutiny of the Consumer Finance Industry
- Update on “Disparate Impact” Theory of Discrimination in Lending Litigation and Enforcement; and The Latest Trends in Predatory and Abusive Lending Claims With a Focus on Discriminatory Pricing and Payday Lending
- Navigating the Scope of the CFPB’s UDAAP Authority, and Preventing and Defending Against Potential UDAAP Violations and Litigation
- The Latest Developments in Residential Mortgage Litigation: Defending Against Claims Arising From Loan Servicing, Loss Mitigation, Loan Modification, the New RESPA Rules, TILA Rescission, and More
- Litigator “War Stories” — Preparing For and Avoiding CFPB Investigations, Managing Litigation and Handling Appeals: Personal Accounts, Practical Approaches and Lessons Learned From Litigators on the Front Line
- Overcoming Class Action Settlement Hurdles — Guidance in Dealing with the Approval Process, Strategies to Achieve a Successful Outcome and Ethical Considerations in Settlement Negotiations
- Insights from Speakers at Key Federal and State Agencies on the Latest Regulatory Initiatives, Enforcement Actions and Investigations; Attorney General Lawsuits Against Financial Services Companies and Coordination Efforts with the CFPB
- The Borrower’s Perspective: Insights From the Plaintiffs’ Bar and Consumer Advocates
- The Latest on Cybersecurity, Data Loss Prevention and Third-Party Risk Management Within the Financial Services Industry
- Update on Debt Collection and Credit Reporting Litigation and Enforcement Actions: Effective Defense Strategies for New and Emerging Claims and Government Enforcement Actions Arising From the FDCPA and FCRA
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): The Latest Legal and Case Law Developments, What Lies Ahead, and Solutions for Helping Your Clients Stay Ahead of the Curve in the Face of Complex and Unclear Rules
- Enhanced Government Scrutiny of Student Loans and Auto Loans: Tackling the Rise in CFPB Enforcement and Litigation, Disparate Impact Claims and Fair Lending Issues, and Private Litigation