Join Troutman Pepper Partner Chris Willis and his colleagues Joe Reilly and Chris Capurso as they discuss the impact of state licensing laws on the consumer financial services industry. They tackle topics such as:
- When did licensing start and how did it grow into what it is today;
- Which entities are required to have a license and what happens if they engage in an activity that requires a license they do not have;
- What are the licensing requirements for various consumer lenders and nonlenders;
- Does the difficulty in obtaining licenses vary by state; and
- What services do our attorneys offer to clients to help them navigate the wild world of licensing requirements?