On January 15-16, 2015, the American Conference Institute (ACI) will host the 15th installment of the acclaimed Global Legal & Compliance Forum on Cyber Security & Data Privacy and Protection at the Washington Plaza Hotel in Washington, D.C. This is a premier event for privacy officers, in-house counsel, senior executives, and outside attorneys specializing in data privacy, cyber security, and information protection.
Troutman Sanders partner Ashley L. Taylor, Jr., will serve as Co-Chair for this event for the third year in a row and will moderate a panel discussion entitled, “Unique Regulatory and Enforcement Insights by State Attorneys General and Consumer Protection Agencies on Emerging Privacy Initiatives, Settlement and Enforcement Trends, Security Breach Notification Requirements, and More”. The speakers featured on this panel will include:
- Joyce Yeager, Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, Missouri Office of the Attorney General
- Gene Fishel, Senior Assistant Attorney General, Chief, Computer Crime Section, Virginia Office of the Attorney General
- Ryan G. Kriger, Assistant Attorney General, Public Protection Division, Vermont Office of the Attorney General
- Barbara Anthony, Undersecretary, Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Elizabeth Rogers, Chief Privacy Officer, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Suzanne B. Giorgi, Deputy Attorney General, Privacy Enforcement Protection Unit, California Department of Justice
- Matthew W. Van Hise, Assistant Attorney General, Consumer Fraud Bureau, Illinois Office of the Attorney General
- Nicole R. Beck, Deputy Attorney General, Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Protection
The topics that will be discussed by this panel include regulatory and enforcement insights, security breach notification requirements, new trends and laws, how to manage compliance, and recent state settlement and enforcement trends.
If you have questions or wish to correspond with our team prior to the event, please contact us at CFSlawmonitor@troutmansanders.com. We look forward to seeing you there!