Webinar: Driving Change: Litigation & Enforcement Developments in the Consumer Reporting Industry
Troutman Pepper attorney David N. Anthony joined forces with Eric Ellman, Senior Vice President of Public Policy & Legal Affairs for the Consumer Data Industry Association and Rebecca Kuehn of Hudson Cook, on June 8 to deliver a webinar covering some of the latest litigation issues in the consumer reporting industry. Topics covered included:
- A Review of California and Michigan Public Records
- Somosky v. CDIA Update
- Review of Preemption Litigation Matters in Maine, New Jersey and Texas
- Updating the “60 Day Rule”
- Communications Decency Act
- FCRA Case Law Developments
To access the webinar, please click here.
Webinar: WHERE THE ACTION IS: What is the future of privacy legislation?
Troutman Pepper attorney Kim Phan joined top privacy experts, Maneesha Mithal, Partner, Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati, Michael Signorelli, Partner, Venable, and Sarah Ohs, Director of Government Relations at CDIA for this CDIA Law & Industry Conference session on the key privacy and data security issues that are likely to dominate the headlines in 2022.
The discussion topics included:
- A Privacy Federal Update
- CFPB’s 1033 Data Access & UDAAP
- FTC’s evolving priorities
- Updates to the Safeguards Rule
- State Update
- Rulemaking in California, Colorado, Virginia, Utah
- Attorney Generals’ use of consumer protection laws
- Current Trends and what we expect to see
- Data Security & Breach Notifications
- Biometrics and AI
- Genetic Information Privacy
- Dark Patterns
Please access the recording here.